The School aims to create graduates that are socially responsible and this ground-breaking programme helps the School fulfil that mission. It is suited to those who have either a business/commercial or community (third sector, charity, NGO) background. It is designed to give both groups an understanding of business and social principles. Whilst many of the modules may sound business oriented, they are taught with both the contexts of business and society. Other units such as Community Leadership have a greater civil society emphasis and indeed those wishing to follow the social enterprise pathway can take ‘Community Organising and Development’ as the optional unit.
Mode of study
- Full time on campus
- Online/distance learning or blended learning. You will gain access to our state of the art Virtual Learning Environment (with online recorded lectures, live webinars, quizzes, etc).
All students will be required to submit assignments as their assessment.
A student must fulfil at least ONE of the following criteria to be allowed entry onto the programme:
- Possession of an Advanced Diploma in another subject
- Possession of an honours degree in a related subject
- Possession of a level 6 qualification from another internationally
- recognised awarding organisation
- Five years senior management experience
International applicants will also need a minimum of 5.5 bands in an IELTS exam
International students should visit the Home Office website for requirements related to immigration purposes, including maintainence and English requirements
Students have the choice to use this Advanced Diploma to do the following:
- Apply for a Job – where a level 7 qualification is sufficient
- Progress to the final stage of university Master’s degree
Tuition Fee: see Fee Information section
Awarding Body: School of Economics and Law